1-2-1 therapy, to help you reclaim – and be – your best self.
8 years experience helping individuals of all ages discover their own unique coping strategies so they can meet today’s stressful challenges and difficult events, better.
You can arrange a free no obligation 20-minute consultation with me below.
A few reasons you might be here right now...
Life sometimes, throws events, situations and circumstances at us that 90% of the time we have no control over.
These events, past or present, can catch us off guard and if we don’t learn or don’t know how to deal with them better, we can lose being our best self.
Here are the main reasons why my clients come to see me…
- Mental health conditions like anxiety, panic attacks, depression (mild to moderate), or self-harm
- Difficult life event such as bereavement, work-related stress or a relationship breakdown
- Struggling with difficult emotions, like low self-esteem, self-confidence, guilt or anger
- An upsetting physical health condition such as obesity or infertility which is subsequently causing them to experience one of the above
Carmen has helped me massively with the daily struggles I was facing due to depression. I learnt ways to deal with undesirable thoughts and put them to rest. I now feel like I am back on track. I can't recommend Carmen enough; she is kind, caring non judgemental and an excellent listener - Thank you CarmenD.K (October 2021)
I came to see Carmen as I had a fear of the dentist which caused me a struggle getting dental treatment. She taught me how to control my emotions and fears through a breathing technique which I still use today and has help me through other situations.Harry20 Years Old
It’s been invaluable, thank you.
Carmen helped me when my head was full of unwanted thoughts, initially by telephone then on walk and talk chats, she gave me lots of strategies to help put the thoughts away or cope with what I was going through. I can really recommend the walk and talk sessions. Thank you Carmen you are so kind, calm and caring.AC (Under 14)
A few reasons why you might want to consider seeing me as your empowering therapist
I passionately believe that everyone should seek help if they are experiencing something that is prolonged enough to interrupt their balance, happiness and harmony in life, at home or at work.
I believe this because..
- Friends and family can’t always be your only outlet or source of help
- Self care – care should always start with you
- Realise alternative perspectives – to gain new ways of looking at what’s happening – both internally and externally – usually requires somebody who is not emotionally attached
- Discover new coping strategies – we can’t stop life from throwing difficult events or situations at us – but we can learn how to cope with them better when they do arise
New Service: Walk & Talk Therapy
Our body and mind are connected. Sometimes and in some circumstances, the best way to express feelings and thoughts is when the mind and body are both being stimulated.
A gentle walk in a tranquil and beautiful natural setting can be an ideal space to allow those thoughts and feelings to flow.
Who is Carmen?
Adv.Prof. Dip Psychotherapy and Counselling
I am a wife, mother, registered foster carer, counsellor and psychotherapist.
My therapy is what is known in the industry as ‘person centred’. This simply means my therapy focuses on you.
I do not believe in a one-size fits all approach because everything we go through in life is personal and unique to the individual.
I am also a fully qualified fitness trainer and believe deeply in the body-mind connection.
- Adv.Prof. Dip Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Dip. Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Dip. Hypnotherapy and Counselling
- Adv. Dip Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Nurture and Attachment Certification
- Level 4 working with Children and Young People (UKCAB)
- Local GP patient recommended counsellor (6 years)
- Volunteer Counsellor with place2be working with children and teenagers
- DBS – Enhanced Certificate.
- Registered member of MBACP (reg No. 378719) and work within their ethical framework
- NCS – Accredited. Membership No: NCS13-00066