‘Walk & Talk’ Empowering Therapy and Counselling
Walking in nature is good for our wellbeing and most importantly, our mental health.
Study after study is confirming just how beneficial a walk in natural surroundings, being in green spaces or being engaged in activities in nature, can be.
So much so that all 3 of the above are now referred to as ecotherapy.
One such study, conducted in 2015 by Harvard Medical School, confirmed that participants who took a 90-minute walk in nature had “less activity in their prefrontal cortex, a brain region that is active during rumination — defined as repetitive thoughts that focus on negative emotions”.
- Improve mood
- Help you feel more relaxed
- Reduce stress or anger
- Improve your confidence or self-esteem
- Be a powerful, therapeutic intervention
In some cases, walking in nature alone can help reduce anxiety and relieve mild to moderate depression.
Nature and Your Mental Wellbeing
I now offer my clients a part of ecotherapy through my walk and talk empowering therapy and counselling, to help you get back to being your best self.
It combines my skills in counselling with the natural power and benefits of a gentle walk surrounded by the tranquility of nature. This means it can be a very effective form of therapeutic intervention.
“There is no such thing as inappropriate weather, only inappropriate clothing”
Walk and Talk Therapy is proving very popular with my clients (whatever the weather!), purely as a change meeting me in my home office or via secure video.
I would highly recommend one session of walk and talk therapy for those clients who appreciate nature and enjoy the fresh air – However, it is entirely your choice.
- Walk and Talk empowering therapy and counselling is open to anyone who can manage a 45-minute gentle stroll
- Where we walk is beautiful, soothing, relaxing and completely flat (no hills or inclines)
- You can choose your own area around the Stockport area (This may include a small additional fee for travel and time)
- Like all clients we will have a 15 to 20-minute chat before any walk and talk therapy and counselling occurs
If your doctor or other medical professional has advised against you walking for any reason, please consider my traditional and effective forms of empowering therapy and counselling
If you would like to know more about this or any of my empowering therapy and counselling services, please do get in touch with me.
Alternatively, you can arrange a free, no-obligation call with me whereby we can discuss your issue and I can recommend the best therapy for you.
Please use the contact form or Whatsapp me directly